Long Term Care is the type of care you may need if you couldn’t independently perform the basic activities of daily living (ADL’s); i.e., bathing, dressing, using the toilet, transferring from one location to another, continence and eating, or if you suffered severe cognitive impairment from a condition such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- 40% of long-term care recipients are younger than 65
- 70% of individuals over 65 will require some type of long-term care services
- One out of four U.S. households is involved in the care of an older relative or friend
- Average cost for a nursing home is $92,378 per year
- Medicare does not cover nursing home care
Eastman’s Long Term Care plan has unique features not found elsewhere in the market place today, including:
- Guaranteed issue for Eastman new hires
- Covers nursing home, home care, assisted living or adult day care
- Return of premium to beneficiaries if death occurs after 10 years of coverage
- Can be continued at current rates if you leave Eastman
- Available to employees’ family members
- Benefits are paid to you, not the provider of service
- Inflation protection
Employees may purchase this coverage at any time during the year, however, proof of good health will be required.