Diabetes Management and Prevention Programs
Eastman offers programs to help you manage your condition and improve your overall health.
Livongo for Diabetes Management Program
Testing and tracking your blood glucose levels is critical to successfully managing your diabetes. That’s why Eastman offers the Diabetes Management Program from Livongo—at no added cost—to all U.S. employees, as well as their spouses and dependents who are covered under CDHP1 or CDHP2 health plans, and have a clinical diagnosis of Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. For the 2022 plan year, our partnership with Livongo includes covered insulin at no cost to active employees and/or eligible spouse or dependents who complete Livongo program criteria.
With the Livongo for Diabetes Management Program, you will have access to the below at no cost to you:
- A new meter that automatically uploads your blood glucose to your private dashboard
- Unlimited test strips and lancets for your new Livongo meter
- An online care management dashboard to track medications, physical activity and diet
- The ability to share your data with whomever you choose
- Personalized tips in real-time to help you stay on track and make informed choices
- One-on-one coaching from a Certified Diabetes Educator
Contact Livongo at 1-800-945-4355 if you have questions about the program, need to enroll or want to schedule a meeting with a Livongo coach. Program start date will be the day your Livongo device is activated. If you are already in the Livongo program, you can count previous blood sugar checks and coaching calls toward your award. For a list of covered insulin products, refer to the Performance Drug List.
Omada Diabetes Prevention Program
Through our partnership with Cigna, Eastman offers Omada, a diabetes prevention program at no cost to team members. Omada’s science-based program helps people start healthy routines that fit their life with a plan built around what they love, what challenges them and where they want help the most. Simply stated, it’s a totally different approach.
With Omada you get:
- Interactive weekly lessons
- Wireless smart scale to monitor progress
- Dedicated coach for 1:1 guidance
Lessons begin the Sunday after enrollment is complete. You, your spouse/domestic partner or covered adult dependent(s) must be enrolled in one of Eastman’s Consumer Driven Health Plans (CDHP) offered through Cigna. To qualify for participation in the program at no cost you must be age 18+ and meet certain clinical criteria.
To get started, visit omadahealth.com/eastman.
Your Personal Cigna Health Coach
Health coaches are a free resource provided to help you achieve your wellness goals. Discover the many ways you can work with Cigna below:
- Exercise — increases your energy and fitness
- Nutrition — motivates you to develop better eating habits
- Stress management — provides you with the knowledge and techniques to control your stress
- Diabetes prevention — provides support/guidance to assist you with managing chronic health conditions
For more information or to sign up for one-on-one coaching session, contact the Cigna OneGuide team at 1-800-796-4449.
YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program
The YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program helps adults at a higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes reduce their risk for developing the disease by taking steps that will improve their overall health and well-being. Research by the National Institutes of Health has shown that programs like the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program can reduce the number of new cases of type 2 diabetes by 58%, and 71% in adults over the age of 60.